BLUEBERRY BRAN MUFFINS
( Recipe makes about 24 muffins . Can be frozen for about 10-12 weeks)
1 1/2 cup oat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs ground flax seeds
3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
1/4 cup honey
1 medium banana (mashed)
1 large egg
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil a 24-cup muffin pan.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine bran , flour, baking soda, ginger , cinnamon, salt and flax seed. Whisk together until well combined.
3. In another medium bowl, combine milk, honey, banana, egg, oil and vanilla. Whisk until smooth
4. Put blueberries in bowl with dry ingredients and toss blueberries with flour mixture .
5. Pour the wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and with a spoon , stir until just combined. Do not over stir.
6. Put about 2 Tbsp of batter into each oiled muffin cup.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes , until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pans for about 12 minutes . Remove muffins from pan.
9. Wrap individually in a plastic wrap and freeze for up to 12 weeks for future breakfasts