( Makes 6 servings – serving size 2 meatballs each)
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced mushrooms
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
Fresh basil or herbs to your liking (diced)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In a large bowl combine the turkey , onion, garlic, mushrooms, herbs , salt and pepper.
3. Add 2 eggs and bread crumbs and mix well
4. Firm the combine mixture into 10-12 medium sized balls
5. In hot skillet coated with olive oil add the meatballs and sauté on one side for 3 minutes until golden brown and flip onto other side for another 3 minutes
6. Coat baking dish with thin layer of marinara sauce . Place sautéed meatballs into baking disband top with 1 Tbsp of sauce before baking.
7. Bake meatballs for 25-30 minutes